Linton, a township in Church Gresley parish, Derbyshire, 1 mile from Gresley station on the M.R., and 4 1/2 miles SSE of Burton-upon-Trent. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Burton-upon-Trent. Acreage, 367; population, 1126. A chapel of ease was erected in 1881 and is a brick building in the Early English style. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.