Beighton, a village and a parish in Derbyshire. The parish lies on the river Pother, and on the M.S. & L.R., 4 miles N of Eckington; and comprises, besides the charmingly situated village of its own name, the hamlets of Birley, Hackenthorpe, Sothal, and Waterthorpe. It has a station on the railway and a post office under Rotherham. Acreage, 3136; population, 2852. Medicinal waters which have been long in repute are at Birley, and scythes, sickles, and reaping hooks are manufactured at Hackenthorpe. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Sonthwell; net value, £213. Patron, Earl Manvers. The church was partly restored, partly rebuilt, in 1869. A very handsome room, built by the Earl of Manvers, which serves as a Sunday school and a parish room, was opened in 1893. There are Wesleyan and Methodist chapels, and a new Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1890.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Beighton 1653-1837, Derbyshire, is available to browse online.