Brayton, Cumberland

Description
Brayton, a village in Aspatria parish, Cumberland, adjacent to the Carlisle and Maryport railway, 2 miles E by N of Aspatria. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Carlisle; money order and telegraph office, Aspatria. Brayton Hall, in the vicinity, is the seat of Sir W. Lawson, Bart.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5