Allhallows, a village, a township, and a parish in Cumberland, on the river Ellen, 2 miles SE of Brayton railway station, and 7 SW of Wigton. Post town, Aspatria (R.S.O.) Acreage of the parish, 1692 ; population, 832. The property includes the manors of Baggrow, Harby-Brow, Upmanby, Whitehall, Lees Rigg, and Priestcroft. The Lawson family are lords of the manor and sole landowners. Coal, lime, and freestone are worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle; net value, £370. Patron, the Bishop of Carlisle. The church is good.
The parish registers date from the year 1666.
The old church of Allhallows is an ancient edifice of stone in the Norman style, consisting of small chancel, nave, south porch, and a western turret containing 2 bells; attached to the church is a mortuary chapel, originally belonging to the Salkeld family, and now containing marble tablets to George Moore esq. d. 1876, and his two wives, and to Mrs. Parkin-Moore: there are 112 sittings.
The newer church of Allhallows, built in 1897-9, was consecrated 30th Aug. 1899, and is now the parish church; service is held in the old church on one Sunday evening in each month during the summer, It is also used for funeral services.
The Visitation of Cumberland, 1615 is available on the Heraldry page.