Davenham, a village, a township, and a parish in Cheshire. The township lies on the river Dane, 2 miles E by N of Hartford station on the L. & N.W.R., and 2 S of North-wich, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Northwich. Acreage, 496; population, 670. The parish contains also the townships of Rudheath, Shipbrook, New-hall, Whatcroft, Bostock, Eaton, and Shurlach. Population, 3362. The parish also includes the ecclesiastical parishes of Moulton and Wharton. An action was fought in 1643, at Eudheath, between the Royalists and the Parliamentarians. Davenham Hall is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester; net value, £342 with residence. The church belongs to the Decorated period, but has been rebuilt. There is a Wesleyan chapel, and also one for Primitive Methodists.