Alpraham, a township in Bunbury parish, Cheshire, near the Shropshire Union Canal, 1 mile N of Calverley station on the L. & N.W.R., and 3 1/2 miles ESE of Tarporley, under which it has a post office. Acreage, 1624; population, 404. There are chapels for Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cheshire papers online:
The Visitation of Cheshire, 1580 is available on the Heraldry page.