Fen Ditton, Cambridgeshire
Fen Ditton, a village and a parish in Cambridgeshire, 2 1/2 miles NNE from Cambridge, and 1 mile from Barnwell Junction station on the G.E R., with a post office under Cambridge; money order office, Newmarket Road; telegraph office, Cambridge. Acreage, 1915; population, 680. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely; net value, £370 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is a building of Barnack ashlar in the Early English, Decorated, and Perpendicular styles, and has some very interesting architectural features. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel, erected in 1880, and six almshouses.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.