Campton, a village and a parish in Beds. The village stands on the river Ivel, 1 1/2 mile W of Shefford station on the M.R., and 6 SW of Biggleswade, and has a post office under Shefford (B.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Shefford. The parish includes also the township of Shefford. Acreage, 1607; population of civil parish, 448; of the ecclesiastical, 1438. The living is a rectory, united with the perpetual curacy of Shefford, in the diocese of Ely; joint net yearly value, £374 with residence. Both churches are good, and the mother one has a brass of 1489. Campton church was restored in 1894. R. Blomfield the poet was buried here in 1823. The manor house, an ancient country seat, and Highlands, a handsome building erected in 1876, and Campton Grange, are chief residences.